Clinical services include:
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV and Hepatitis B & C
- Information and advice on sexual health and STIs
- HIV treatment, care and support
- Counselling on sexual health and HIV related issues
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination provided free to those most at risk
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) for people at high risk of contracting HIV
Routine testing may include:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Our staff are all friendly and non-judgmental.
No referral is necessary.
All visits are free and confidential – You will still be seen if you don’t have access to a Medicare card and/or prefer not to use it.
If you would prefer a male or female clinician, please advise when making your appointment.
Interpreters are available in most languages.
Most services we offer are also available through your local GP or Health Clinic.
The Pacific Clinic in Newcastle also holds a referral clinic for patients referred by a GP with sexual and reproductive health issues unrelated to STIs/HIV, including:
- Transgender health
- Sexual dysfunction
- Painful sex, and/or
- Clients seeking specialist advice on contraception and menopause
To access this clinic you will need your GP to send a referral to Pacific Clinic via fax to (02) 4016 4535 addressed to Dr Joanna Mesure or Dr Nathan Ryder.
For GPs: For more information, please access the HealthPathways on https://hne.healthpathways.org.au/index.htm or contact the clinic directly on (02) 4016 4536 and ask to speak to the triage nurse.