- 太平洋诊所: 性传播感染，艾滋病病毒和肝炎的测试及治疗
- PrEP is now available on the PBS! See your GP or call us if you’re interested in starting.
- Check out our Facebook on fb.me/HNEsex
- DBS Home HIV Test - HIV Home Testing Kits Now Available - Check out the DBS HIV Testing Page
- Test Often + Treat Early + Stay Safe = Ending HIV
HNE Sexual Health is now an APPOINTMENT ONLY service (no walk-ins) to reduce risk of COVID19 to both clients and staff. We may not be able to offer an appointment if its not urgent but will work with you to come to a solution.
To make an appointment please call:
- Newcastle (Pacific Clinic) or Taree on (02) 4016 4536
- Tamworth (Clinic 468) (02) 6764 8080
- Website appointment requests are now open – please only use this service if you have no COVID symptoms or risk. All website requests will receive a phone assessment to discuss options
If you have a cough or fever, or have been overseas in the last 14 days, please discuss your options when you call.
Located in Newcastle West, the Pacific Clinic offers a variety of sexual health and HIV services and support programs.
If you'd like an appointment you can call us on (02) 4016 4536.
Please note: In an emergency situation, you should attend the Emergency Department of your nearest hospital.
Services offered at this clinic
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV and Hepatitis B & C
- Information and advice on sexual health and STIs
- HIV treatment, care and support
- Counselling on sexual health and HIV related issues
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination provided free to those most at risk
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) for people at high risk of contracting HIV
Routine testing may include:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Our staff are all friendly and non-judgmental.
No referral is necessary.
All visits are free and confidential – while we prefer to bulk bill your visit using your Medicare card you will still be seen if you don’t have access to a Medicare card or prefer not to use it.
If you would prefer a male or female clinician, please advise when making your appointment.
Interpreters are available in most languages.
Most services we offer are also available through your local GP or Health Clinic.
The ACON Outreach Clinic operates every Tuesday from 3.30pm to 6.30pm, and Thursday 11am to 6.30pm. No appointments are necessary however there is limited capcity so please arrive earlier to avoid disappointment.
Ending HIV transmission by 2020 is possible, but only if you test often, treat early and stay safe.
Sex Worker Clinic
The Pacific Clinic operates a Sex Workers clinic - every Thursday from 9am to 12pm.
Interpreter services are available – please ring and we will book the interpreter.
Need support from other sex workers? Contact the Sex Workers Outreach Program on 1800 622 902.
|Telephone for appointments and results||9am – 4.30pm||9am – 4.30pm||12.30pm – 4.30pm||9am – 4.30pm||9am – 4.30pm|
||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm||12.30pm – 5pm||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm|
|Sex Worker Clinics
||9am – 12pm|
129 Maitland Rd Islington
3.30pm – 6pm
|11.30am – 6pm|