- Pacific clinic will be doing testing at PRIDE fair day at Newcastle Foreshore - 24th August 2019
- 太平洋诊所: 性传播感染，艾滋病病毒和肝炎的测试及治疗
- PrEP is now available on the PBS! See your GP or call us if you’re interested in starting.
- ACON Hunter outreach will be suspended until 16th September due to renovations
- DBS Home HIV Test - HIV Home Testing Kits Now Available - Check out the DBS HIV Testing Page
- Test Often + Treat Early + Stay Safe = Ending HIV
Located in Newcastle West, the Pacific Clinic offers a variety of sexual health and HIV services and support programs.
Drop in or make an appointment at the Pacific Clinic
If you'd like an appointment, or if you'd like more information, drop in and see us Monday, Wednesday, Thurday and Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm or Tuesday 9.00am-12:30pm. Alternatively, you can call us on (02) 4016 4536, send an email to HNELHD-PacificClinic@hnehealth.nsw.gov.au, or request an appointment online. Please allow 2 working days for response.
Please note: In an emergency situation, you should attend the Emergency Department of your nearest hospital.
Newcastle Community Health Centre
Level 2, 670 Hunter Street,
Newcastle West NSW 2302
Ph: (02) 4016 4536
Fax: (02) 4016 4535
Make an appointment »
Clinic times »
Services offered at this clinic
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV and Hepatitis B & C
- Information and advice on sexual health and STIs
- HIV treatment, care and support
- Counselling on sexual health and HIV related issues
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination provided free to those most at risk
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) for people at high risk of contracting HIV
Routine testing may include:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Our staff are all friendly and non-judgmental.
No referral is necessary.
All visits are free and confidential – while we prefer to bulk bill your visit using your Medicare card you will still be seen if you don’t have access to a Medicare card or prefer not to use it.
If you would prefer a male or female clinician, please advise when making your appointment.
Interpreters are available in most languages.
Most services we offer are also available through your local GP or Health Clinic.
The ACON Outreach Clinic operates every Tuesday from 3.30pm to 6.30pm, and Thursday 11am to 6.30pm. No appointments are necessary.
Ending HIV transmission by 2020 is possible, but only if you test often, treat early and stay safe.
Sex Worker Clinic
The Pacific Clinic operates a Sex Workers walk-in clinic (no appointment is necessary), every Thursday from 9am to 12pm.
Interpreter services are available – please ring and we will book the interpreter.
Need support from other sex workers? Contact the Sex Workers Outreach Program on 1800 622 902.
|Telephone for appointments and results||9am – 4.30pm||9am – 12.30pm||9am – 4.30pm||9am – 4.30pm||9am – 4.30pm|
(appointments and drop ins)
|9am – 5pm||9am – 12.30pm||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm|
|CALD* Sex Worker Clinics
(drop ins only)
|9am – 12pm|
129 Maitland Rd Islington
|3.30pm – 6.30pm||11:30am – 6.30pm|