- Mpox (monkeypox) vaccination is now available in our clinics – learn more about mpox
- 太平洋诊所: 性传播感染，艾滋病病毒和肝炎的测试及治疗
- PrEP is now available on the PBS! See your GP or call us if you’re interested in starting.
- Check out our Facebook on fb.me/HNEsex
- DBS testing now available - check it out here
- Test Often + Treat Early + Stay Safe = Ending HIV
Located in Newcastle West, the Pacific Clinic offers a variety of sexual health and HIV services and support programs.
Pacific Clinic Newcastle, Clinic 468 Tamworth and Taree Sexual Health clinics will be closed on Wednesday 13th of December for an annual staff planning day. Clinics will be open again on Thursday 14th of December.
See this link for alternative options if you want to get tested on this day. In an emergency contact 000 or present to your local Emergency Department.
Drop-ins are always welcome but in busy times there may be a wait.
To avoid disappointment we recommend you call us first to make an appointment.
Services offered at this clinic
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV and Hepatitis B & C
- Information and advice on sexual health and STIs
- HIV treatment, care and support
- Counselling on sexual health and HIV related issues
- Vaccination for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and MPOX free to those most at risk
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) for people at high risk of contracting HIV
Routine testing may include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Our staff are all friendly and non-judgmental.
No referral is necessary for our general clinics.
All visits are free and confidential and you don’t need to have a Medicare card.
If you would prefer a specific gender of clinician please discuss this when making your appointment.
Interpreters are available in most languages.
Most services we offer are also available through your local GP or Health Clinic.
You can see our outreach sexual health nurse at ACON Hunter for routine testing every Tuesday from 3.30pm to 6.00pm, and Thursday 11:30am to 6.00pm. No appointments are necessary however there is limited capacity so please arrive earlier to avoid disappointment.
This outreach service is run in partnership with ACON Hunter and provides routine testing for STIs, hepatitis and HIV for people who are well. People with sexual health symptoms should contact Pacific Clinic on (02) 4016 4536. PEP is also available at ACON.